As I have continued to study other fashion magazines, I have recognized that a lot of them have very simple, one-word elegant names such as Vogue, or Dazed. Through looking at previous projects of other students at my school, I noticed a common theme of them all using some version of our city name and the rest of their magazine title such as Sarasota Sports, or SRQ Food. I don't like how unoriginal those titles are and I really wanted something that had the same feel as the other major fashion magazines have such as Vogue. So I started researching 'exotic' words that you don't necessarily see on a day-to-day basis. I created a list of some ones I found interesting and that I thought would suit a fashion magazine of my own. I shortened the list and finally decided on Oblique. I think it sounds very sleek and lustrous and gives off an almost fancy, chic feeling. Instead of just having the plain lettering like most do, I decided to put a little spin on it and use a gradient effect in the Q, and to fill in the rest of the open spaces in the other letters. I think my main goal in creating this magazine is to make it as different, and non-conformist as possible in my own eyes. I want it to bring out the creativity and individuality in people who read it, as that is one of the main premises of fashion. The X that is placed in the center of the cover is where a picture of a model is going to be, and instead of having the plain white background I am going to use the background of whichever photo of the model I choose to use to fill up that space. I chose the font I used because I think it's simple enough so that it won't take away the effect of the rest of the magazine, but it's different enough so that it can still catch the eyes of a passerby.
As I have continued to study other fashion magazines, I have recognized that a lot of them have very simple, one-word elegant names such as Vogue, or Dazed. Through looking at previous projects of other students at my school, I noticed a common theme of them all using some version of our city name and the rest of their magazine title such as Sarasota Sports, or SRQ Food. I don't like how unoriginal those titles are and I really wanted something that had the same feel as the other major fashion magazines have such as Vogue. So I started researching 'exotic' words that you don't necessarily see on a day-to-day basis. I created a list of some ones I found interesting and that I thought would suit a fashion magazine of my own. I shortened the list and finally decided on Oblique. I think it sounds very sleek and lustrous and gives off an almost fancy, chic feeling. Instead of just having the plain lettering like most do, I decided to put a little spin on it and use a gradient effect in the Q, and to fill in the rest of the open spaces in the other letters. I think my main goal in creating this magazine is to make it as different, and non-conformist as possible in my own eyes. I want it to bring out the creativity and individuality in people who read it, as that is one of the main premises of fashion. The X that is placed in the center of the cover is where a picture of a model is going to be, and instead of having the plain white background I am going to use the background of whichever photo of the model I choose to use to fill up that space. I chose the font I used because I think it's simple enough so that it won't take away the effect of the rest of the magazine, but it's different enough so that it can still catch the eyes of a passerby.
Comments
Post a Comment