Today in class, our teacher taught us how to use adobe InDesign to help layout our magazines. I pay to have all of the different adobe programs but I mostly just use Photoshop and Illustrator; I had never heard of the InDesign before. Since most of the adobe programs function and basically work the same way with some minor differences, I was able to pick up how to use it pretty quickly. I'm actually really glad he showed us it because I had previously used Illustrator to put together my two page spread, but Indesign made it a lot easier. He showed us the basic functions of how to insert spaces for pictures and how to create columns for the article and fix the margins to our liking. It makes it a lot easier to put in pictures and to add in the article which I really appreciated. I think going into the third quarter, I will be using InDesign to do some revisions and to re-layout my pages because thats specifically what the program was made for. I think overall it will make things more simple and be less time consuming for me in terms of trying to figure out how to get it to work.
Essence magazine was made specifically for African American women which covers the most recent beauty, fashion, entertainment, and culture trends. It was first published in 1970 and has continued its journey for over 50 years to empower these women and boost their confidence, and decrease the stigmas that go along with being a black woman in todays society. On their website, they explain that "Essence communications is the number one media, technology and commerce company dedicated to black women and inspires a global audience of more than 20 million through diverse storytelling and immersive original content". So with over 20 million people subscribed in some way to their magazine, they obviously are going to have a very diverse distribution model. In 2013, Essence posted an article to their website that introduced the new app that would soon be available to iPhone users. They increased their distrution to app stores because although they already have millions of individuals...
Comments
Post a Comment