As I have seen through all other distribution plans from real life magazines, I think the best option would to be do a mixture of both print copies, and allow for online subscriptions. The way I think would give me the best possibility of maximizing my subscribers is through doing videography tv commercials and through trying to make strides in the social media world outside of just Instagram. There are thousands of apps like Poshmark and DePop where people buy and resell clothes they think fit into the fashion world today. I think if I have a mixture of an app where you could view the pieces we show in the magazine but where you could also buy them, it would distribute my magazine information quite well.
Essence magazine was made specifically for African American women which covers the most recent beauty, fashion, entertainment, and culture trends. It was first published in 1970 and has continued its journey for over 50 years to empower these women and boost their confidence, and decrease the stigmas that go along with being a black woman in todays society. On their website, they explain that "Essence communications is the number one media, technology and commerce company dedicated to black women and inspires a global audience of more than 20 million through diverse storytelling and immersive original content". So with over 20 million people subscribed in some way to their magazine, they obviously are going to have a very diverse distribution model. In 2013, Essence posted an article to their website that introduced the new app that would soon be available to iPhone users. They increased their distrution to app stores because although they already have millions of individuals...

Comments
Post a Comment