Skip to main content

Revisions- General Layout


I decided to change the layout of my article for my third quarter submission as well. I think before, especially since I used a different program that wasn't made for the production of magazine spreads, it looked really messy and unprofessional. The first one shown below is the first page of the magazine, and the second is the second page. Although you can't see the outline and guides of where it ends, in the extra white space is where I am going to place my text for my article. I think the layout of this version, especially with the overlapping and text used on the first page, it gives it more of a Vogue-like feel but with a special twist. I also think since for my article I am talking about DIY's, also know as do-it-yourself, the text and off balance between the words really gives it that special unique touch I was looking for rather than the boring article title I had prior.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Distribution Research- Essence

Essence magazine was made specifically for African American women which covers the most recent beauty, fashion, entertainment, and culture trends. It was first published in 1970 and has continued its journey for over 50 years to empower these women and boost their confidence, and decrease the stigmas that go along with being a black woman in todays society. On their website, they explain that "Essence communications is the number one media, technology and commerce company dedicated to black women and inspires a global audience of more than 20 million through diverse storytelling and immersive original content". So with over 20 million people subscribed in some way to their magazine, they obviously are going to have a very diverse distribution model. In 2013, Essence posted an article to their website that introduced the new app that would soon be available to iPhone users. They increased their distrution to app stores because although they already have millions of individuals...

Audience Engagement Research- V

V Magazine is a fashion magazine that has been around since 1999 and had the addition of a specific mens edition in 2003 merely 4 years after they published their first volume. Their original target audience was both men and women but had the creation of the specific mens only portion in 2003 to make sure that they were getting even coverage of each gender. They are most well known for staying in the know with current fashion, music, art, and film trends. They are generally considered to be geared towards the middle to upper class; especially people who are finding themselves to be attracted to more artsy type things. They consider many of their subscribers to be interested in art, culture, and photography which include some odd things that most artistically inclined people would probably enjoy. Surprisingly enough, they actually have more male subscribers being at 54% compared to the female subscribers which is 46%. They have an average age range of around 24- 35 which is relatively s...

Photo Shoot #2